How Long Do Eyelash Extensions Last?
You have applied the unique eyelash extensions you just bought and want them to last as long as possible. So, how long should you expect your eyelash extensions to last? This simple guide can help you learn about the normal cycle of eyelash extensions and how to make them last longer.
The Normal Cycle for Eyelash Extensions
According to celebrity lash expert, Clementina Richardson, featured in the Harper’s Bazaar article. Most eyelash extensions will last around six weeks to the normal cycle of natural eyelash growth.
However, some methods to make the eyelash extensions last longer, such as using lash conditioner products to help keep the lash extensions look healthy. Also, you can refill your lash extensions every two to three weeks to keep them in the best shape and avoid early falling off.
Reasons that Make Eyelash Extensions Fall Off Faster
Those who use eyelash extensions daily need to know that sometimes eyelash extensions can fall off faster than the usual cycle, which is around six weeks. There are some reasons for this to happen, such as:
- improper application of the lash extensions,
- applying some oil-based makeup on the lash extensions,
- faster natural eyelash growth cycle,
- and humidity.
These reasons can lead your eyelash extensions to fall off faster than their usual cycle, and you will need to reapply the lash extensions as you see fit. The weak or unhealthy nature of your natural eyelashes can also affect how long the eyelash extensions will stay on your natural eyelashes. So, in case you have problems with your eyelash extension application, it’s essential to keep in mind these reasons.
Tips to Make Your Eyelash Extensions Last Longer
You can use specific methods to keep your eyelash extensions last longer if you have weaker lash extensions and want to strengthen them. Your eyelash extensions can last longer or not based on various factors. Such as the quality of the lash extensions, how you apply them, whether they match your natural eyelash condition, and so on. Here are some tips to make your eyelash extensions last longer:
- Use the lash extensions that are in line with your natural eyelash shape. You need to pick the eyelash extensions that resemble your natural eyelashes. This way, you don’t need to create any “conflict” between the fake and natural eyelashes when you wear them, which can end up damaging your natural eyelashes.
- Don’t use thick lash extensions. It’s best to pick the thin lash extensions for your natural eyelashes so they can hold on longer. Thick lash extensions can only put more weight on your natural eyelashes. You are putting more risk into damaging the natural eyelashes and making the eyelash extensions fall off faster.
- Don’t do activities that can weaken your eyelash extensions. Steaming your face, taking hot showers, using oil-based makeup remover, and other activities might weaken the adhesive on your eyelash extensions. So, you need to avoid doing such activities to keep your lash extensions strong and last longer.
Most of the time, eyelash extensions will last around six weeks. However, there will be certain factors that can affect how long your eyelash extensions will last. It would be best if you kept your eyelash extensions last longer by following the tips in this guide. You can find more eyelash knowledge and eyelash extension knowledge from our blogs. And contact us any time for free samples and ask any questions. SHEWINCOSMETIC will always be there for you.